Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Do I really have time for this?

It seems like everyone I talk to is amazed that I don't have a blog. While there are several reasons I've never started one, I suppose the primary reason is that I feel its a somewhat narcissistic format.

I mean, seriously. Isn't a blog really just a way for me to share my thoughts and opinions? By blogging, I'm assuming that someone actually cares enough about what I think to hit this page on a regular basis to see my pearls of wisdom.

The secondary reason, and one I commonly provide when asked to do something new, is that I'm just too busy. All that phrase really means, though, is that I don't think its important enough for me to invest my time and effort into it.

But I sat waiting for my co-workers at Benetti's this morning, I began to wonder if there might be more to blogging than meets the eye. Instead of viewing it as something more to do in a day, I began to see it as a way to get things out of my brain - which is definitely much healthier than thinking about the same things over and over and over and over and over . . .

So here we go. Coffee, thoughts and my take on the world at large. This should be interesting. . .

No comments: