Friday, July 16, 2010

Whew!

It's been one of those weeks where I felt more than a little overwhelmed. Hit the ground running Sunday morning with the opening of our new children's wing, cafe, and bookstore at church. The work week started early and ended late each day - trying to wrap my head around a new project is a fun challenge but tends to make me think until the wee hours of the morning!

Yesterday I woke feeling quite refreshed and ready to face a new day - only to have a 1 hour DB upgrade at 3 - talk about a crimp in the day. So here it is Friday and the promised show updates have yet to be posted. And it won't happen today, thanks to a lengthy task list that seems to multiply like Sea Monkeys.

The garden is looking lovely - tomato plants are huge and loaded with fruit. I'm anxiously awaiting their color change so I can enjoy tomato salads with some fresh oregano. This weekend I'm planning to roast a chicken stuffed with the lemon basil - my mouth is watering just thinking about it! The most important item on my weekend list, however, is some serious sun worship. My solar battery is in need of a serious recharge, and with my boss headed out on vacation next week I'll need all the energy I can store up now!

None to worry, faithful reader, I'm planning to catch up on my show blogs tomorrow and might even post some photos of the explosive tomatoes (the smell of tomato vines is one of my favorite scents). Until then . . .

No comments: