Thursday, April 8, 2010

Legend of The Seeker

I came across Legend of The Seeker on Hulu last weekend, and immediately remembered someone mentioning it to me last year. Its now in Season 2 but it was easy for me to watch the available episodes and feel up to speed.

Based upon Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth series of fantasy novels, the show follows The Seeker in his search for The Stone of Tears. His traveling party consists of a Wizard, the Mother Confessor, and a Mord-Sith - each with their own class of magical power to aid The Seeker on his quest. Guided by a compass (which only works for The Seeker), they search for the Stone that will reseal the Keeper and prevent his contamination of the world.

All in all I like this series. It feeds my desire for good sci-fi/fantasy television with its blend of interesting characters and well thought out stories. Most importantly, its renewed my interest in Goodkind's series. I've picked up his books before, but when I started reading them they felt a little too much like Robert Jordan's phenomenal Wheel of Time series.

Given that some time has past since I last picked up one of Goodkind's books, looks like I can safely add this series to my summer/pool day reading list.

1 comment:

Shane Par-Due said...

I told you Diana was watching this series last year! :)