Thursday, April 1, 2010

A day in the life

disclaimer: the events described in this post are subject to the author's whims and are not meant to be an exact detailing of her life. it would just be plain silly and a bit creepy if her friendly readers took her too literally. she merely seeks to alleviate the innate curiosity people have as to how she spends her time . . .

6.30 - Sumatra (my pup) wakes me up, ready to enjoy the great outdoors and eat her breakfast.
6.35 - Start the coffee brewing before morning prep begins
7.00 - Prayer, journaling, Bible reading
8.15 - Finish prepping for the day, breakfast
8.45 - Out the door to work, running an errand or two on the way
9 - Work
12.30 - Lunch at my house, do a few house-y things or run another errand or two
1 - Work
5 - Home to feed Miss Sumatra and allow her to peruse the great outdoors. Now that the weather has turned lovely, this means I join her for gardening work and other outdoor projects. Depending on the night I might have a mentorship meeting, a sports outing, or Bible study or be with some friends so I miss out on outdoor time (sad me!).
8 - Time to wind down over dinner. TV turns on the first time, mostly for background noise.
Bedtime?? - Well, this is where the variance comes into play. Some days I go to bed at 10pm, others can be past 1am. Just depends on the day and how much is on my mind.

So not really all that much TV time. Especially when you take into account webviewed television. The average 1 hour televised drama is really about 42 minutes of show - the rest is commercials. Which means in 3 hours of web (or DVD) viewing I can watch 4 episodes of the average drama instead of 3.

I'm also a huge multi-tasker, so even when the TV is on my hands are busy doing something - cooking dinner or baking, cleaning the house, crocheting or sewing, clipping coupons, reading a book even. The only show on right now that gets my full attention is LOST.

Just another day in the life of a thirty-something in Raytown, Missouri. What did you do today?

No comments: