Friday, April 23, 2010

What about Lost?

Ah faithful readers and fellow TV viewers. If you know me at all, you're probably wondering - why in the world isn't she writing about Lost? Its the final season, the finale is just a month away (cue tears), and questions are being answered on a weekly basis. There's much to discuss, so let's chat about it already.

The sad truth is, well, I'm in denial.

I've loved watching Jack, Kate, Sawyer (mmm), Hugo, Sayid, Desmond (double mmm), Claire, Charlie (oh dear, cue more tears), Jin and Sun evolve over the past six season. Characters that drove me absolutely crazy in the beginning have now woven themselves into my consciousness and taken up residence. I faithfully purchase the DVD sets as soon as they are available, setting aside whole days to marathon through and relive scenes, catching previously missed clues and nuances. Before each new season began I did a marathon of the previous season(s) to make sure I remembered key story lines.

It's a momentous thing to wrap up a TV-realm-changing series is a meaningful (aka non-cheesy) way. I have no doubt the lovely writers/actors/crew have done a great job - and while I have my theories about the ending, my fingers are crossed that I'll be dumbstruck once again at the final episode of the season.

No comments: